TOP 5 REASONS FOR SYNC LICENSING
Independent musicians have a unique set of challenges when it comes to making a living from their craft. One of the most significant of these challenges is getting their music placed in film, TV, and other forms of media. This is where music sync licensing comes in. In this blog post, we’ll explore the top five reasons why independent musicians need music sync licensing management.
- Increased Revenue: One of the most obvious reasons for independent musicians to seek music sync licensing is to increase their revenue. By getting their music placed in film, TV, and other forms of media, musicians can earn significant royalties that can help them to sustain their careers.
- Exposure: Another key benefit of music sync licensing is increased exposure. When a musician’s music is placed in a film, TV show, or other form of media, it can be heard by millions of people. This can lead to increased visibility and a larger fanbase for the musician.
- Credibility: Being able to say that your music has been used in film, TV, or other forms of media can add credibility to your brand as a musician. This can make it easier to get gigs, sell merchandise, and secure other opportunities.
- Networking Opportunities: Music sync licensing can also open up networking opportunities for independent musicians. By working with music supervisors, film and TV producers, and other industry professionals, musicians can build relationships that can lead to future opportunities.
- Control: One of the biggest benefits of having a music sync licensing manager is that they can help independent musicians to retain control over how their music is used. A good manager will work with musicians to ensure that their music is only placed in projects that align with their values and artistic vision.